Best Ring Candles

Here’s the thing about my FJ rings: I get compliments on them all the time. And I’m not exaggerating. I would say at this point I wear a FJ ring about every other day, and at least once a week someone says something about one of them. I haven’t counted, but I would say I’ve got close to two dozen of their best ring candles by now, and I have yet to lose a stone out of any of them. 




Some of them are nicer than others (I have a couple that have large single crystals, and the stones on those just seem to be set crooked), but for the most part, they look more expensive than they are — nice detail, good quality crystals that actually sparkle, metal that doesn’t leave a green shadow on your finger.

When the whole “prize candle” craze first started a few years ago, I spent a lot of time reading Facebook comment threads on posts from the various companies. (This is my favorite way to shop on social media, by the way. The DRAMA in these threads, guys.) One of the big complaints people seemed to have was that they got rings that were too large or too small for them to wear. A whole universe of ring-trading Facebook groups popped up.

That was what kept me from ever trying one of those mystery ring candles; I have to pay for the candle, burn it to get the ring, and then probably have to trade it on a Facebook group to a stranger who may or may not actually ever put their end of the swap in the mail? No, thanks. 

I’d rather just buy a jewelry candle and buy a ring and save myself the trouble. FJ and other best ring candles bomb companies have removed this hurdle by selling their products by the size — so I know every shipment that comes to me from Fragrant Jewels will contain size 7 rings. And every ring I’ve received has been true to size, something I can’t say for every ring bomb out there. I’m looking at you, Pearl Bath Bombs. 


Three size 8 rings and not one of them a millimeter larger than a 7? I’m just glad I sized up.) Like other prize candle makers, FJ includes a slip of paper with each ring, printed with an alphanumeric code. You pop the code into a tool on their website and it “appraises” your ring (every single one of mine has been valued at $25, which has seemed more true on some occasions than on others). The draw is that you could be the lucky winner who scores a ring worth up to $10,000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Gorgeous DIY Christmas Candles

How to make scented candles

Where To Buy Candle With Ring Inside