Jewelry Candles vs Jewelry In Candles

I had been looking for about a year trying to find a company who makes candles with jewelry in them that actually ship to USA. You’d be surprised the amount of companies who don’t ship to USA – there’s a ton. So, I gave up and didn’t bother looking until about 2 weeks ago. I finally found Jewelry Candles and Jewelry In Candles and they both shipped to USA. Jewelry Candles for a flat fee of $15 for 1 candle, ouch and Jewelry In Candles I didn’t even check before filling my cart…. But because I wanted to do this review and share which would be a better quality Candle and Jewelry for other American who may want to order – and save themselves some money with shipping, I went ahead and purchased.

I purchased a candle in Birthday Cake. I also purchased 2 soaps (both of which came with surprise jewelry!)

The candle I could smell before I even opened the extremely well wrapped box. The smell was amazing. The soaps I got were Lavender and Peppermint. The lavender I didn’t like, which is odd I’m a huge Lavender scent fan but this one was just too in your face for me. The peppermint? It smelt so good, I really could have eaten it!

The soaps didn’t have the surprise jewelry in them, they were just in the beautiful wrapping with the soaps.  So I didn’t have to wait until the soap was used to find out what I got. I got this beautiful pink ring, and beautiful necklace. I also let the candle burn for 7 hours, and was finally able to pull out the surprise from it a cute little ring with yellowish stones.

 jewelry candles review


Unrivaled Candles

Jewelry Candles is a bit different than some others. You can get a free appraisal on your items by filling out the online form and sending in 3 photos, and telling them which candle/soap/tart you got them from. I was told the first ring (pink) retail value is $50, the necklace retail value was $35 and the last ring (yellowish) I got from the actual candle had a retail value of $10.

I was very impressed with quality of the pieces from Jewelry Candles. They didn’t look fake, big and bulky and they most definitely didn’t look like cheap fake jewelry. The actual candle smells incredible. I have been burning it tons in my bedroom at night (away from our bird) and it makes the whole upstairs just smell heavenly.


JEWELRY IN CANDLES:

My box arrived and it was packed extremely well. There was a big box and inside was 3 other boxes. One full of 4 packs of tarts I ordered and the other two held 1 candle each. I ordered 4 tarts (vanilla, candy shoppe, lavender and banana nut bread) I also ordered Cotton Candy and Sugar Cookie in candles.

I did the tarts first because they were the quickest and I have zero patience. They were done within 5 minutes. Vanilla and Candy Shoppe smell incredible. Banana Nut Bread and Lavender not so much. My husband liked the banana nut bread, but the Lavender was way too strong. Maybe I just don’t like lavender as much as I thought I did, I don’t know.

The jewelry I got in the tarts were awful. I wasn’t going to burn them all, I wanted to give two away as gifts but after the first two I couldn’t knowing the jewelry I got was terrible. All extremely fake looking, big and bulky and nothing I would wear. I don’t even see how any of them would be worth $10. Both companies state their jewelry would be from $10-$7500 and I’m just not sure how any of these would be more than $2-$5 in a costume jewelry shop. The one necklace I did think was pretty, and one ring… I just really dislike BIG fake diamonds (and real ones too, I’m more of a small diamond type of gal)

I wasn’t impressed, but had high hopes for my candles. I watched tons of YouTube videos, and googled lots of photos and I didn’t see one piece of jewelry I didn’t like. So, the next day I started burning my candles. Within an hour I could get them both out.

Again, I wasn’t impressed. Out of 6 candles/tarts not one jewel did I get I would wear. None had any stamps, and you can tell they aren’t worth much. The candles smell amazing, absolutely incredible but I didn’t find them as strong as Jewelry Candles.

 jewelry candles review


For Jewelry In Candles shipping came to a whopping $50.90. I was told later had I bought one less tart it would have been $25, but I had heard so much about this company, and wanted to give some away as gifts before I decided to do this post.

Although I was extremely disappointed in the jewelry I got, that is a risk. The candles and tarts themselves are great. I didn’t find the Sugar Cookie candle to have a very powerful smell, it was very mute. But the cotton candy was lovely. Very strong and very sweet. The tarts I will burn the Candy Shoppe and Vanilla, but I am not sure I can use the Lavender or Banana Nut Bread – I just really didn’t like them too much.

candles retail for $24.95, tarts retail $15.95

2 candles + 4 tarts + Canadian shipping = $164.60

My Final Thoughts: All in all I don’t think I would buy Jewelry in Candles again. I don’t like how you can’t find out the value of your surprise jewelry. I also don’t like the quality of the jewelry. I don’t believe any grown adult would wear any of the pieces I got from Jewelry in Candles. I know it’s a chance you take buying these candles, and I know it says anywhere from $10-$7500, but I really don’t even think the pieces I got were worth $10. My girls have already claimed three each to keep and play with after I write up this post, so at least they will go to good use. What I really did like about JIC was that you can choose what you want to get in your candles, tarts etc. You can choose earrings, rings or necklaces. You can also choose the size. This you cannot do with Jewelry Candles.

I will most definitely Buy Jewelry Candles again. The only thing I don’t like is the fact you have to e-mail in for an appraisal. Other companies come with a piece of paper with a code, where you can login on the computer and find out that price right there. That would be a much better option, however…. I am extremely impressed with the quality of jewelry I did receive.

So if you live in USA and want to try these fabulous candles with a little surprise inside I would recommend Jewelry Candles. Shipping was quick, prices are good and quality is outstanding. For the candles and soap but also jewels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 Gorgeous DIY Christmas Candles

Where To Buy Candle With Ring Inside

How to make scented candles